Grafton, WI | August 21, 2021
The day had finally arrived. I would be meeting Lauren and Conor to photograph their wedding celebration at the Winterhaven Farm in Grafton, WI. The Winterhaven Farm is a beautiful family owned & operated farm, where the bride, Lauren, boards her horse, Deco. When Lauren reached out to me about photographing at the venue, I was filled with way too much excitement! Horses have always had a special place in my heart and the opportunity to photograph them is always such a dream. I couldn’t wait to capture some magical moments of the newlyweds and the bride’s beautiful horse, Deco.
On the drive out to the farm, grey skies grew closer and closer. The chance of rain lingered as the day continued on. We arrived at the venue and greeted the bride and groom. What a stunning couple! After scoping out some areas to photograph, we began portraits with Lauren, Conor & Deco!
Just as soon as we got started, the rain decided to show up & boyyyy did it show up! But as luck would have it, the rain only lasted a short time leaving us with some absolutely gorgeous skies. Now it was time to grab some portraits of the bride & groom! These two absolutely adore each other & it was such a joy to capture it through my side of lens.
The guests were starting to arrive. Everyone was dressed to perfection and definitely came with their dancing shoes! The party guests were enjoying drinks, yard games + catching up with one another. The band was playing all the tunes and kept the dance floor busy all night!
As night continued on, Chef Eric & his crew from Country Coast BBQ were serving up some deliciousness! The party guests enjoyed grilled fruit, bbq and all the fixins’ to go with, yummmm. These guys were great to work with!
As the night rolled in so did the fog! It just added a stunning touch to this venue location! What an absolutely gorgeous night to celebrate the love of Lauren + Conor.
Lauren + Conor were smiling the entire night mingling among their party guests. True love was definitely in the air. Everyone was so happy to be together in honor of the bride and groom! We all watched as they shared a dance as husband & wife on the dance floor.
When the song was done, everyone was invited to the dance floor. This crowd was so fun & lively, everyone was just having the best time. Check out these fun dancing pics!
To end the night, Conor’s dad headed to the stage with a song he created to the tune of “Sweet Caroline,” but instead of “Sweet Caroline” the lyrics were replaced with, “Sweet Conor John, oh oh oh!” The whole crowd joined in!
Congratulations to Lauren + Conor! I had the best time capturing your wedding celebration, thank you for allowing me to be a part of all the fun!
Shop My Camera Bag!
- I use a thinkTank rolling camera bag to carry all of my equipment.
- I used the mirrorless Canon R to photograph this session.
- My Canon 80D is my back up DSLR.
- The newest lens in my camera bag is the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 zoom lens.
- I consider my Canon 24-70 mm 2.8 zoom lens to be my powerhouse lens. Perfect for any situation!
- Reflectors come in handy when needing some fill light.
- Every photographer should own a gray/white balance card. These help white balance and correct exposure.
- A speedlite comes in handy whenever you’re in low light or high sun situation!
- I always have extra SD cards in my bag, I prefer to use ones with high transfer speeds.
- Extra batteries for your flash are a necessity!