The day of our session began with a threat of severe weather. I was watching the news all day to see if we’d have to reschedule or move the session indoors. Just as mother nature would have it, the skies grew dark & it began down pouring an hour prior to our shoot. Oh no! But luckily the rain only lasted a short time, stopping right before our session and leaving us with a perfectly overcast sky.
Lynette and Nick were all smiles upon our arrival. We were all so happy that the weather didn’t ruin our plans! We had planned this shoot months prior and I really had my heart set on this location for them.
Lynette, the mama to be, wore the most beautiful form fitting dress in the prettiest shade of purple. It hugged her cute little bump perfectly. I asked if she knew what she was having & her eyes lit up like stars when she said, “A little baby girl!” She also shared with me that they have chosen to name their daughter after Lynette‘s mother, Magnolia Mae.
The entire session was so peaceful and serene I was so inspired by how much Nick and Lynette were glowing. They are so in love with their little girl already!
The session ended at the beach, where my mom and dad to be shared some intimate moments together along the shoreline. I always love to capture these moments, a time they will look back upon & remember the exciting feelings of becoming new parents. It’s just a different type of glow.
Of course I had to capture some solo images of Lynette. She wore a smile across her face the entire session! Her spirit was just so sweet to be around. I felt so inspired to see how much she was looking forward to becoming a mother. Just look at how she glows!
Just as we were wrapping up, the clouds began to clear and blue skies started to peek through. I grabbed some last minute shots of the two of them together, the water looked like it was sparkling!
This was such an amazing maternity session! Congratulations Lynette & Nick, I’m so excited for your journey into parenthood. You two are going to be amazing parents. Thank you for trusting in me to capture such a personal & intimate time in your lives!
Shop My Camera Bag!
- I use a thinkTank rolling camera bag to carry all of my equipment.
- I used the mirrorless Canon R to photograph this session.
- My Canon 80D is my back up DSLR.
- The newest lens in my camera bag is the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 zoom lens.
- I consider my Canon 24-70 mm 2.8 zoom lens to be my powerhouse lens. Perfect for any situation!
- Reflectors come in handy when needing some fill light.
- Every photographer should own a gray/white balance card. These help white balance and correct exposure.
- A speedlite comes in handy whenever you’re in low light or high sun situation!
- I always have extra SD cards in my bag, I prefer to use ones with high transfer speeds.
- Extra batteries for your flash are a necessity!