A couple weekends ago I met with the Walsh’s to photograph their birth announcement photos. They were such a lovely couple and I was so excited to work with them. We met at a local park during sunset and it was truly a magical night for their photo session.
The night set the stage for such a remarkable time in the lives of these two newlyweds. As soon as golden hour started to cast its magical hues, I began capturing the glowing love shared between these two.
The way they naturally fell into each other’s arms sparked so much inspiration from behind the lens. We followed the sun and wherever its rays fell, so farther into the forest we went where the sun casted the most beautiful light.
We walked out of the forest into a bed of wildflowers. A small field of purple phlox and yellow marigolds exploded with color, creating some beautiful foreground effects.
Jo Anna and Ben granted me with full creative freedom for their session and it’s always such an honor when my clients trust in my creativity to tell their story.
Congratulations on this next chapter in your lives. Thank you for trusting in me to capture your vision! See you in the next chapter 🙂
Shop My Camera Bag!
- I use a thinkTank rolling camera bag to carry all of my equipment.
- I used the mirrorless Canon R to photograph this session.
- My Canon 80D is my back up DSLR.
- The newest lens in my camera bag is the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 zoom lens.
- I consider my Canon 24-70 mm 2.8 zoom lens to be my powerhouse lens. Perfect for any situation!
- Reflectors come in handy when needing some fill light.
- Every photographer should own a gray/white balance card. These help white balance and correct exposure.
- A speedlite comes in handy whenever you’re in low light or high sun situation!
- I always have extra SD cards in my bag, I prefer to use ones with high transfer speeds.
- Extra batteries for your flash are a necessity!